Attend an info session to learn more
- June 22, 6:00-7:00 pm CST
- June 26, 6:00-7:00 pm CST
- June 27, 6:00-7:00 pm CST
Do you have a degree in science, mathematics, or computer science? You’re ready to become a teacher.
Teachers prepared by university-based programs like UTeach for Texas are retained longer and their students perform better. You'll learn from the best and gain a lasting and rewarding career.
With UTeach for Texas, you will:
- Participate in virtual classes taught by university faculty.
- Train with secondary teachers for 80+ hours in local schools.
- Engage in a summer fellowship with opportunities to refresh your subject matter expertise.
- Continue receiving personal support after you become a classroom teacher.
I teach because we’re preparing citizens. This country will be theirs and we need them making the best decisions possible.
Michael Ralph, UTeach graduate
UTeach for Texas coursework is online and includes asynchronous modules and synchronous class meetings in the evening. In-person field placements are made with K–12 partner schools in your area.
In addition to personalized support during the preparation program, you will receive high-quality mentoring and continued professional learning after you become a teacher in your own classroom.
Now recruiting for Fall 2023 cohorts.
To find out if you are eligible, fill out the interest form and include an unofficial transcript for a STEM degree.